The trick with a pro metabolic diet is to create food that is super delicious but also good for you. This new Cherry High Protein Ice Cream recipe certainly fits the bill.
I’ve made High Protein Ice Cream before in this recipe. However it is a plain vanilla, so it’s time to jazz things up a bit and make it taste super amazing.
Cherry High Protein Ice Cream with Marmalade
- 1 bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1 stick blender or food processor
- 1 plastic container
- 1 500g Cottage Cheese (17.64oz)
- 1 395g Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 tin - 13.93oz
- 1/4 cup Orange Marmalade
- 2 cups Cherries (Frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups Blueberries (Frozen or fresh)
- Tip everything into a bowl.
- Mix together a little with a spoon.
- Whiz a little with a stick blender to break up the fruit a little to keep it a bit chunky, or if you would like it completely smooth, then use a food processor.
- Pour in little containers for portion control or one large one to scoop out.
I’ve been enjoying frozen cherries towards the end of our summer and so one day just whipped up this combination to see what would happen. The addition of marmalade too was an accident, as I just wanted to finish off the jar. But it adds a delicious flavoursome tang and it’s become a fast favourite.
So I’ve been eating this Cherry High Protein Ice Cream for breakfast in our super hot weather. It’s just filling and delicious.
Here are the macro stats:
Divide the batch by 4 to get the appropriate serving size for a meal:
So this ice cream as all the correct macros to suit a meal. So if you are going to have this Cherry High Protein Ice Cream in addition to a meal, then be careful to have a smaller amount that fits your total macros. Otherwise weight will pile on, and that’s not what we are after.
For those looking for weight loss help in a pro metabolic diet, grab a copy of the ZEN Beach Diet and the new Lemon Coffee + Pro Metabolic Diet Weight Loss Dynamite Books to get started today.