This recipe for Chocolate Mousse High Protein is so easy to make and eat for breakfast!
One of the issues I commonly see is people drinking coffee first thing in the morning without food. Coffee is great and thyroid healthy ONLY when we drink it properly and that is WITH food. Or at least before or after food. The food part must happen close to the coffee drinking to supply the necessary carbohydrates to support the increase in metabolic rate caused by the coffee. Otherwise, we cause stress to the body, raising cortisol. This is why some people get the jitters and feel terrible. Read more about Coffee Drinking here.
Often, we don’t have time to stop and make something to eat, so this is why pre-prepared, easy-to-grab little bits of nourishing food is so important.
This Chocolate Mousse High Protein recipe is high in the RIGHT protein, low in fat, features enough carbohydrates to support the coffee drinking AND has fruit as well. And to make it even more perfect, it tastes AMAZING too!
Let’s get cooking!
Chocolate Mousse High Protein
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Mixing Spoon
- 1 500g Cottage Cheese 17.64oz
- 1 410g Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 can 14.46oz
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 670g Jar of sour cherries 23.63oz
- Drain the liquid from the cherries and set the liquid & cherries aside separately.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl except the cherries & mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Add the cherries & stir through.
- From here I portion out the mix into 4 x 1 cup sized plastic containers and store in the freezer until needed.
- Place one container in the fridge to thaw out, if you are planning to eat it the next day.
- You may eat this recipe as ice cream too!
- If you are planning to eat it every day, you can store it in the fridge for about 7 days. I just prefer the freezer as it keeps longer, and I’m not forced to have it before it goes off.
- My cottage cheese is the smooth type that doesn’t have curds – it’s more like a Skyr or European cottage cheese. I can just mix it with a spoon and it’s smooth and fluffy. If your cottage cheese is different, you may need to use a food processor or stick blender to get it smooth.
- The sour cherries go perfectly with all the sweet, however it still tastes amazing without them too. Add any fruit you have that you think would work with chocolate!
- The peanut butter powder is optional but makes it taste awesome. As nearly all the PUFA fats are removed, it’s an ok food to have once in a while.
114 g Protein
Per half cup serve
I find myself making this recipe at least once every 2 weeks to stock up the freezer. It just takes a few minutes and is the perfect quick breakfast option, with all the necessary macros to go with coffee. I love pro metabolic food!
PS: If you love this recipe, there are more of them in my Sweet Treats Pro Metabolic Desserts recipe book. Click the image below to find out more…