The flavours of this Butter Chicken recipe are amazing and the secret twist – I use all vegetables and no chicken.
Who’s heard of protein fasting?
It’s supposed to be the safest way to tap into autophagy (body protein recycling) without wrecking your metabolism and hormones like regular intermittent fasting tends to do, especially for women.
More on that another time but in the meantime, a big batch Butter Chicken recipe that saves you cooking for a few days at least.
All tasty vegetables, feels amazing and perfect for my no protein day.
Butter Chicken with Vegetables
- frying pan
- chopping board
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp tumeric powder
- 3 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/2 onion or 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 TBS tomato paste
- 2 tsp stock paste or healthy stock cubes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 cups bone broth or stock
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chopped vegetables potato, pumpkin & green beans work well
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 TBS potato starch and 1/2 cup water
- In a large saucepan cook the onion on medium heat with the butter and throw in all the spices, stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Then throw everything else in except the cream & potato starch. (Add a little more water if you need to cover the vegetables.)
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 mins until veges are soft – don’t go too far or else it turns to mush – experience talking here!
- Stir the potato starch in the half cup of water to dilute it, then stir through the mix to thicken it up a little.
- Stir in the cream at the end.
(I have made this with chicken as well for my husband; just brown the chicken in the first step with the onions. Then I would allow the chicken to simmer in the tomato spicy mix for 20 minutes first then add the vegetables to continue for another 20 minutes – this is just to make sure the chicken is cooked properly before you add the veges.)
What’s your favourite Indian dish flavour?
Happy healthy cooking!
Note: For more Ray Peat Inspired recipes, check out my diet recipe book, the Zen Beach Diet.